This life is my attempt to know it.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

the chronicles of Aubrie and Dena, part 1--dogs

Aubrie is one of the funniest kids I have ever met. I've decided that instead of being a little bummed about the fact that I am almost twenty-four years old and my main job is nannying, I'm going to take advantage of the hilarity I am privy to for most of my week and share it with all of my adoring readers. Thus begins the chronicles of Aubrie and Auntie Dena.

This is Aubrie.


Aubrie likes to talk. She likes to squawk. She is one ridiculous child. There are two dogs who live at the house regularly--Ben, who hacks like a sick old man, and Tassie, who is a loveable idiot. There is another dog who lives there from time to time (she's the grandma's dog) and her name is Racquel. I hate Racquel. Racquel thinks Aubrie is another dog and therefore wants to dominate her. She has also tried to dominate me in the past, but I stamped that right out. Dogs and babies do not tell me what to do.

When Racquel is at the house, I have to keep Aubrie away from her so that Aubrie doesn't harass her and so that she doesn't bite Aubrie. Aubrie isn't scared of Racquel, which is both a blessing and a problem.

Aubrie has one of those baby walker things that I call her roller derby car and one of her favorite past times is to race through the house and chase the dogs around, squealing at the top of her lungs. While some may call this animal cruelty, I call it entertainment. That dog in particular is one of the loudest I have ever met and frankly I don't feel too badly for her when the baby chases her around letting out a war cry. I eventually have compassion on her though; Aubrie shouldn't just be allowed to get away with things like that.

While the dogs are not my friends, Aubrie is. Watching her grow has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life thus far, and I am excited to see what the days ahead hold for us. Tune in next time to read about Aubrie's hilarious facial expressions and our many adventures as Aubrie and Auntie Dena.

1 comment: